Albertson’s is a full service mortuary with economical prices.
We are very fortunate to have many outstanding and reputable funeral homes in Central Indiana. Every funeral home is similar in that they offer burial and cremation services. What separates funeral homes are their staff, prices, and customer service.
What makes Albertson’s special is that we:
- Provide your family with the personal touch you would expect from a family-owned funeral home.
- Understand that your family wants a staff whom they can trust, are respectful and compassionate.
- Assist your family in planning a service that will meet your individual needs and personal budget.
- Maintain a low overhead and pass that savings directly to your family.
- Negotiate with casket and urn distributors to obtain their best possible prices. We pass that savings directly to your family. On average, Albertson’s charges 50% of the price of a casket/urn that you will be charged at a traditional funeral home.
- Create with your guidance our signature “Celebration of Life Ceremonies”.
- Offer green funerals for social and environmental conscience families.
- Insure that there is full disclosure of all costs, no hidden fees or surprises when you receive your bill.
- Under promise and over deliver on our commitment to your family.
To provide the highest quality funeral services at prices our family members can afford.
The values which provide the foundation for Albertson’s Mortuary are:
The Rights of the Deceased and Family Members:
- The deceased and family members are entitled to be treated with respect, dignity and compassion.
- Family members are entitled to review and discuss a detailed price list prior to accepting a final purchase agreement.
- All information regarding the deceased will be kept confidential unless directed otherwise from family members.
Owner, Funeral Director
Tamara has lived in the Indianapolis area for the past 24 years. She graduated from Vincennes University Mortuary Program. She is a Graduate of the University of Evansville and the University of Oregon. Tamara worked for Leppert Mortuary in Indianapolis, first as an Intern and then as a Funeral Director for 7 years. She worked as a Forensic Autopsy Assistant for the Marion County Coroners Office before entering the funeral business. She has competed in several triathlons, marathons, ultra-marathons and in 2008 Tamara finished the Louisville Ironman. She is a member of Indianapolis Aqua Masters swim team and in 2001 she received the Indy Tri-fit triathlete of the year award. Tamara has one son, John, who is a graduate of Indiana University, Bloomington
Suzanne Lewis heads up our accounting department, as well as helping out wherever she is needed. She currently resides in Fishers, with her husband and their two sons and golden retriever Greta. Suzanne loves being outside,when she is not training for a triathlon, she can often be found cheering for her boys in basketball or baseball.
Kimberly Swift is a lifelong resident of Indianapolis, she graduated from Thomas Carr High School, and still resides on the east side with her husband of 10 years and her two fur babies, China and Batman. She has worked in the funeral industry since 2000 and brings her expertise and caring nature to our crematory. She is passionate about her job and loves serving our families. She is also a hardcore Indianapolis Colts fan.
Funeral Director Assistant
Wes Swails is a native of Indianapolis, attending IPS schools and graduating from Harry E. Wood. He attended Indiana Central College (UINDY) and earned an Associate degree in accounting. Wes served in the US Navy in the Aviation division, worked route sales in the Foodservice industry for 40 years and retired in 2004. He married Toni (Willis) Swails in 1962 and together they have four children, nine grandchildren and two great grandchildren. In 2004, he started working part-time in the livery service. Wes has worked with some of Indiana’s finest funeral firms.
Wes enjoys spending time with family, friends, playing golf and traveling.
Funeral Director Assistant
Harold and his wife, Ravenna have been married for 42 years. They have three married children; Jennifer, Mark and John. They also have two grandsons; Eric and Caden.
Harold retired from the Indianapolis Star after 31 years and the Hershey Company after 11 years.
Marie J. Albertson obtained an Associate’s Degree in Counseling after retiring from the Indiana State Library. While working in the counseling field, she has concentrated in grief counseling and crisis intervention. She has also authored a book that concentrates on older adults who are undergoing many changes in their lives. Marie is available for private consultations to help alleviate the pain you experience as you go through your loss.
Toll Free: 888-707-6387
Postal Address: Albertson’s Mortuary 1775 N. Sherman Drive Suite D Indianapolis, IN 46218