In a survey of several thousand Funeral Directors, in response to the question, “Why would you say funerals cost so much?”, over 85% replied, “emotional overspending by the family.” The loss of a loved one alone can be emotionally overwhelming and financially devastating, but the funeral planning doesn’t have to be a stressful or chaotic process.
By pre-planning your funeral, you relieve your family of having to make important financial decisions during a period of great stress and grief, a time when people aren’t thinking very clearly, and may not know what to do because you never made your wishes known.
It’s easy to say, “Don’t make a fuss. I don’t want a ceremony. Just bury me and be done with it.” But it is important to realize that the ritual of a funeral and/or memorial service isn’t for the deceased but for the living. It is a time when friends and family can gather together to grieve openly and to provide support for one another.
Pre-planning a funeral can be very informal. It can be as simple as following our pre-planning checklist and sharing your wishes with a family member. More formal arrangements in the form of a preneed contract can be set up with Tamara and pre-funded through life insurance, bank trust agreement, or another method.
Pre-planning, when done properly, can give you peace of mind because you know that your arrangements are ready and pre-funded. Meet with Tamara to discuss pre-planning.
By pre-planning your funeral, you can:
- Make all the arrangements during a time of peace and not leave them to your family during their time of grief
- Make your wishes known
- Control the cost of your funeral and protect from inflation
- Ensure that personal records are organized and easy for your survivors to locate
- Protect your insurance so that it provides for your survivors and not for funeral expenses
- Provide protection in case the need arises before it is expected
Please contact Tamara to set up an appointment to discuss your pre-needs arrangements.